Monday, July 19, 2010

32 Candles!

Yesterday was my birthday. I turned 32, and it was a good day. Slept in, went for a 3-mile run, had some bacon & eggs for brunch, some chili for dinner, and then brownies & ice cream. Plus, I announced the April PAD Challenge results for 2010 and got a lot of things done around the house. Oh yeah, I also got a few hundred Happy Birthday messages on Facebook. Great start!

*****

My second day as a 32-year-old was pretty swell too. I woke up early and got a lot of work done while everyone else was sleeping. Then, I learned that five of my poems were accepted by Hobble Creek Review. Plus, I made a new post at my Telecommuting Parents blog and ran another 3 miles (faster than yesterday).

Whew! I'm tired, but in a good way.

*****

I don't have much else to report at the moment, except that I realize I still need to get my poems caught up on this blog (still writing).

Oh yeah, I am reading some William Stafford right now. Great stuff.

*****

Follow me on Twitter @robertleebrewer

2 comments:

Jessie Carty said...

You are the second person I've heard mention Stafford this week. Haven't read his work in a while, perhaps I should take this all as a sign :)

Robert Lee Brewer said...

Yeah, I haven't read him since college. So it's kind of nice to revisit his work and understand it better now.