Thursday, November 5, 2009

Five Things You Don't Need To Know About Me

Number 1: Will's first tooth has broken through on the top front side of his mouth.

Number 2: Will can now walk without holding onto anything, though he does still prefer using walls and chairs for support and balance.

Number 3: Reese's 6th birthday is Saturday. We're going to have a family get together at the park with Reese's favorite pizza: Little Ceasar's.

Number 4: My novel for NaNoWriMo is continuing to make great progress, though I'm still falling behind as far as word count each and every day. Oh well. I can't do everything in November, right?

Number 5: My poem, "Solving the World's Problems," is in OCHO #27. Plus, my mug is even one of the faces featured on the cover of the issue. Click here to check it out.

Bonus: I'm 5 for 5 on the November PAD Chapbook Challenge. With the poems I've been writing lately, I may even try getting a little Poetic Asides chapbook together of my own poetry. I need something to keep me busy in December, eh?

6 comments:

Vanessa Wieland said...

I think your poem word count should count toward NaNoWriMo, incidentally. Even if they're not at all related, it's still writing!

Robin Burrows said...

Writing for NaNo and the PAD Chapbook Challenge - Wow! I can barely do NaNo and my day job...and that's not doing everyday stuff like grocery shopping! :-)

Robert Lee Brewer said...

If I counted poetry toward NaNoWriMo, then I could start counting newsletters, blog posts, etc., toward NaNoWriMo by the same logic. No, I don't want to trick or cheat myself (because I'd only be tricking and cheating myself, and I deserve better from myself). :)

... Paige said...

yes I agree...because Christmas with so many families in a couple of states not to mention that y'all will still be reading the NovPAD poems won't keep you near busy. Heck you might get what 5-7 hours sleep somewhere in there.

and I cannot believe lil' Will is walking, heck before long all you kids will be receiving diplomas

and I agree with diesel, count your poems toward the word count

Kathleen said...

I'm doing NaNoWriMo too! Good luck, Robert!

Jessie Carty said...

I'm counting my PAD poems as my NaNo just didn't have a novel in me this year!

Or wait, really ever :)